- Find and calculate your target's DP.
- The best way to do this is to find out the target's unit numbers and add up all the values of their defensive units then apply any known modifiers. Modifiers can include spells such as Ares Call and walls bonuses.
- Land defense is applied if the total defense from military is less the following formula:
Total Acres * 1.5
- Apply modifiers to Land defense as you would Military defense.
- Go the Invade page.
- Select your target. Double check to make sure it's the right one!
- Input the amount of units you want to send.
- Click Invade.
Below is a table which shows land conquered for invasions where the attacker is from 500 to 6000 acres and the target is from 40% to 250% the size of the attacker.
This is the amount of land lost by the target. The attacker's total gain is the land conquered plus 76.47%. These bonus acres are generated by the game and are not taken from any player. Thus, invasion is not a zero-sum event.
The formula for acres lost depends on "range", or the target's size relative to the attacker. You then multiply that by 1.7647 to get the amount of acres gained from a hit.
If target range is less than 55%:
0.85 * (3.04 * (range^2) - 0.227 * range + 0.048) * AttackerSize
Otherwise, if target range is less than 75%:
0.85 * (0.154 * range - 0.069) * AttackerSize
If target range is 75% or higher:
0.85 * (0.129 * range - 0.048) * AttackerSize
The "AttackerSize" is typically the current land size of the attacker. However, this variable in the formula is modified during war. If one-way war, it is increased by 15%. In mutual war, it is increased by 20%.
Sometimes players will intentionally send less OP than the target's DP to cause casualties for the target, to lower the target's DP and allow for another dominion to successfully invade or to just do damage. This is called razing.
A bounce is a failed invasion. It is distinct from razing in that they are unintentional, often due to the target increasing its DP or the attacker making an error when calculating the target's DP.
This is the act of invading a dominion below your 75% (Elite Guard) range. Caution is advised when deciding to do this: you will not have the building discount or prestige from a regular hit, and the formula for invasions is also harsher, meaning you'll gain less acres. Races that are more likely to engage in this are Lycanthrope, Spirit, and Undead, due to the conversions they gain when attacking. Conversely, Dark Elves are disincentivised from doing this, due to their Spirit Warriors dying normally when doing so.
If you invade someone between 74.99% and 60%, your Prestige is unchanged. If you hit below 60%, you will lose Prestige.
- Dreki's Dominion Calculator: an unofficial calculator used to calculate OP and DP.