Prestige is an incentive for attackers.
All dominions start with 250 prestige.
If you have 0% population modifiers you will still get the prestige bonus.
For example, if you have 250 prestige and no other population bonuses you would get +2.5% max population:
The standard formula for prestige gain is:
20+MIN(([Target's Prestige]*[Land Ratio]/10), 0.15*[Own Prestige])
You cannot gain more than 15 % of your current prestige in addition to the base gain of 20, and your total prestige cannot be greater than your land size.
- Attacker A (1000 prestige) hits Explorer B (250 prestige, 80 % of Attacker A's land). Attacker A will gain
20+(250*0.8/10)= 40 prestige. The 15% cap is not relevant.
- Converter K (280 prestige) hits Attacker L (900 prestige, 75 % of Converter K's land). Converter K will gain
20+(0.15*280)= 62 prestige. The 15% cap stops Converter K from getting more: if Attacker M (777 prestige) hit Attacker L with the same relative land size, they would get
20+(900*0.75/10)= 87.5 prestige.
- Attacker S (600 prestige, 610 land) is hit by Attacker T. Attacker S loses 50 land and 5 % of their prestige in the invasion. Because prestige is capped at total land size, new prestige will be 560, and not
Prestige gains are added to your prestige when the last units return. If you only send units which return in 9 hours, your prestige will be added after 9 hours. But if you also send units with a longer return time, prestige will be added when those units return.
Prestige can be lost in the following ways:
- Being successfully invaded (5% prestige loss).
- Being overwhelmed while invading.
- Hitting someone below 60% your size.
Prestige losses are instant.
|Action||Modifier||Based on your prestige gain||Based on your current prestige|
|6th and higher||0%||Yes||No|
This means that, if you are the sixth person to hit a target, you will neither gain nor lose prestige. A dominion retains its 'invaded' status for 24 hours exactly. For example, you are hit at 15:40 and 19:59 server time on one day. If someone wants to hit you at 15:30 on the next day, you will have two invasions marked, and prestige would therefore be reduced to 60%: it would be the third invasion. However, if that invader waits until 15:41, you would only have one invasion marked on you, and their prestige gain (and your casualties would be larger.