Prestige is an incentive for attackers.
All dominions start with 250 prestige.
If you have 0% population modifiers you will still get the prestige bonus.
For example, if you have 250 prestige and no other population bonuses you would get +2.5% max population:
The standard formula for prestige gain is:
- You can hit 4 bots without any sort of penalty, starting with the 5th your prestige gain will dip by 10% each successive hit (always gaining at least 50% of normal prestige)
- For human players- you can hit the same exact guy twice without penalty, starting with the 3rd your prestige gain will dip by 10% each successive hit (always gaining at least 50% of normal prestige)
- The excessive hitting penalty is multiplicative with prestige bonuses (e.g. Techs or the Golden Throne Wonder).
- Hitting a 1500 acre target 75% of your size yields
115 * 75% - 50 + 1500/200 = 44 prestige
- Hitting a 5000 acre target 110% of your size yields
115 * 100% - 50 + 5000/200 = 90 prestige
- Your sixth time hitting a bot at 2550 acres from 3000 acres (85%) yields
(115 * 85% - 50 + 2550/200) * (1 - 2 * 0.1) = 48 prestige
- Your fourth time hitting a human player at 80% of your size (5000 hitting 4000 acres), while your realm has the Golden Throne (+15 % attacking prestige), yields
(80% * 115 - 50 + 4000/200) * 1.15 * (1 - 2 * 0.1) = 57 prestige
- Hitting a target 60%-75% yields no prestige change
- Hitting a target below 60% of your size yields a 5% prestige loss for the attacker.
Prestige gains are added to your prestige when the last units return. If you only send units which return in 9 hours, your prestige will be added after 9 hours. But if you also send units with a longer return time, prestige will be added when those units return.
Prestige can be lost in the following ways:
- Being successfully invaded (5% prestige loss).
- Being overwhelmed while invading.
- Hitting someone below 60% your size.
Prestige losses are instant.