Gnome is a slow and steady race that is quite solid. They are unique because their elite units have low platinum costs but extremely high ore costs. However, these ore costs cannot be reduced in any way. This means running extremely high amounts of Ore Mines because their defensive elite troops increase in power based on mountain percentage. Gnome is easiest to play as explorer or converter, but the more experienced and daring might also try it as a full round attacking race.
- Attack Strength: +7.5%
- Max Population: -5%
- Food Consumption: -20%
- Gem Production: +5%
- Population from barren land: +5
|Suicide Squad||4||0||200||50||Always 50% casualties|
|Rockapult||2||4*||675||330||Increases by 1 for every 20% Mountains, maximum +2.|
Offense increased by 0.5 against dominions 75%+ of your size.
Offense increased by 1 against dominions 85%+ of your size.
Miner's Sight: +20% ore production (not cumulative with Mining Strength). Ore production immune to Earthquake.
- Good at exploring and converting
- Suicide Squads are cheap and have 4 OP (however, half of them will die on every attack they are sent on; only recommended to use very early and very late in the round)
- Very efficient
- Low platinum costs render smithies useless
- High ore costs cannot be reduced by smithies or techs
- Difficult to play as all round attacker