The OpenDominion Encyclopedia:Guidelines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 10:38, 11 August 2019 by Dreki (Created page with "When in doubt, hop on [https://discordapp.com/invite/mFk2wZT Discord] and ask any questions in the #wiki channel. == Content == * Content should be descriptive and not prescr...")
When in doubt, hop on Discord and ask any questions in the #wiki channel.
- Content should be descriptive and not prescriptive.
- Before creating a new article, consider whether the new text could be added to an existing article instead.
- Content specific to Dominion Classic should be avoided and only added where context may be necessary for returning players.
Spelling and Grammar
- Spell check your text and check the grammar closely. It does not matter whether you use British/Commonwealth English or American English.
- Avoid unnecessarily long sentences. Try to keep it as simple as possible without losing out of important information.
- Do not use k to shorten thousands. For example, write the full 100,000 and not 100k.
- Use comma as a thousands separator: "10,000" and not "10 000", "10'000", "10000", "10.000", or other variations.
- No more than one consecutive whitespaces (no double-spacing).
- Only one empty line between paragraphs (no double linebreaks).
- Stories not written specifically for The Dominion Encyclopedia are not subjects to these guidelines and shall not be altered in any way except for:
- Linebreaks that, due to the way the MediaWiki software parses them, do not appear as they should, are to be altered by adding one for every missing line break.
- Any other changes required to make the story fit and look readable on MediaWiki.
Mathematics and Formulas
- Surround formulas with the code tag. Example:
<code>1 + 1 = 2</code>
- Check your calculations before submitting.
- Verify against the source code on GitHub.
- Use ^ as exponent. Example:
5 ^ 5 = 3125
- Add spaces to make formulas readable.
- No spam, graffiti, abuse, flaming, or offensive content permitted.